Sunday, October 21, 2012

Champagne Toast Teaser

Thanks to everyone who reviewed on Amazon.com!  I now have 75 reviews and am happy to share a teaser from Evan's book:

    “Evan, can you help me?” Kate asks. She’s standing on her tip-toes, her t-shirt rising up her back, exposing her midsection. I do my best not to stare as I walk towards her. She glances back at me over her shoulder before continuing her request, “Vince put the spare key to his office on the highest shelf of the bar and I can’t reach it.” Her hair smells like strawberries.

“No problem,” I say, easily reaching the key. Just for fun, I dangle it above Kate’s head. She smirks at me, narrowing her eyes as if to say, ‘okay, let’s play.’

Grinning from ear to ear, I ask, “Oh, I’m sorry, can you still not reach them?” Whenever I’m near this woman, all I want to do is tease her, tease her so badly she can hardly contain herself. But, the result is that I can hardly contain myself. Tiny beads of sweat are building along my hairline as I twist the keychain back and forth between my fingers. Kate swats at the key and gives me a fake dirty look. I know her well enough to know she’s not upset at all.

“Ev, c’mon,” Yeah, that’s another thing. She started calling me Ev. It drives me friggin wild. I can’t take it! Every time she says it, I want to throw her up against the bar and kiss her hard, really hard. I want to possess her, to make her mine, and yet when the fantasy is over I realize I can’t have her. Not yet.

“Alright,” I hand her the keychain and give her a crafty wink. She gives a satisfied smile. “What do you need it for anyway?” I ask.

“I don’t,” she raises an eyebrow at me before walking away to take orders from a large table of college students. My jaw hits the floor as she saunters away, looking back in her signature tease of a grin. This girl is going to be the end of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment